Code of Conduct
At NoMa Run Club everyone is welcome! We strive to encourage all members and participants through mutual respect and positive attitudes.
All share the responsibility for maintaining a thriving, vibrant club, and thus all have the same commitment to upholding its standards.
This Code of Conduct is created for the safety and benefit of the Club, its members, and its guests. Its provisions apply to the officers and directors of the Club’s board, Club members, vendors, event participants, volunteers, and spectators.
During all NoMa events and activities, we shall:
- Conduct ourselves in a manner that will ensure a welcoming, respectful and comfortable Club environment for all—free from harassment, dishonesty, and intimidation.
- Never make unwanted verbal, sexual or physical contact with others.
- Refrain from using negative, disparaging, or derogatory language when interacting with Club members, participants, volunteers, and members of other running clubs at races, training programs, group run, activities, social events, clinics, and seminars, or via the Internet in public or Club forums and social media sites.
- Respect age, religion, ethnic background, gender, and sexual orientation when interacting with Club members, participants, volunteers, and members of other running clubs at races, training programs, group runs, activities, social events, clinics, and seminars, or via the Internet in public or Club forums and social media sites.
- Behave in a manner that is safe, and that does not put ourselves or others at risk of physical harm or legal liability.
- Observe and obey all rules and regulations governing races, training programs, and competitions.
Any individual who has concerns or wants to report a violation may email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “COC”. As a team, we will answer questions, address the concern, and promote a safe space for all.